We are pleased to introduce another new Chaplain to the extended RTCA family. Chaplain Tom Day and his wife Susan began ministering to those on the backside at Rillito Race Track in Tucson, AZ in February 2014.
Chaplain Day is a retired Army Chaplain (Colonel) and is endorsed to the Chaplaincy by the Southern Baptist Churches. Along with a Bachelor’s Degree, Tom earned a Master of Divinity from Grand Rapids Theological Seminary in Grand Rapids, Michigan and an MA in Counseling Psychology from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He lives in AZ with his wife Susan and they have two grown children. His son, James, is married with children and lives in Colorado. His daughter, Jodi, is married with children and lives in Texas.
Chaplain Day is a new addition to the Arizona RTCA Turf Paradise Chapel Council and Rillito Race Track is also a new addition to the RTCA ministry. According to the track’s official website, “it’s the birth place of Quarter Horse racing as well as the photo finish. Rillito has a 5/8 mile race track that hosts Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing several sunny weekends each year in Tucson, Arizona.”
The Chapel at Rillito Race Track is located on the back side of the track near the stables just as you enter the horseman gate. The Chapel is a small trailer that has a front door and large roll-up door in the rear. This is opened during services to allow God’s word to fly out into the air around the chapel. Music is provided by an iphone and small speakers. Chapel is provided every Sunday, along with a Jockey prayer prior to the first race each race day, Saturday and Sunday.
We welcome Tom and Susan Day to our Race Track Chaplaincy Family!
- Welcome to Chaplain Tom Day
- KRTC Hires Full-Time "Spanish-Speaking" Chaplain at Churchill Downs
- Q & A with Terry Price, RTCA's Representative for Council Presidents
- RTCA's New Director of Administration & Operations Takes to the Field
- Race Track Chaplaincy of America's Inaugural Golf Tournament
- Q & A with Chaplain Bryan Kahue of Emerald Downs in Auburn, WA
- High Tech on the Backside
- Successful Chaplain School Hosted by RTCA Remington Park
- 2013 Chaplain School
- Talented Artists Bring Life to 2012 White Horse Award Auction Items
- 2012 White Horse Award Recipients
- Zenyatta and Foal
- Nick & Rose Salios - 35 Years of Dedicated Service to RTCA
- Q & A Chaplain Chris Belluomini of The Golden Gate Fields Racetrack
- Q and A with Chaplain Ed Underwood of Canterbury Park Racetrack in Minnesota